Mission and Vision
To Persevere and Succeed
To create environment in which the culture of learning flourishes, underpinning the values or moral and social accountability as well as the values of self-discipline while realising the full potential of the learner by providing a sound academic foundation.
To educate children and to guide them towards fulfilling their potential in the following areas:
- Life Skills:
– nurturing of mutual respect and loyalty between parent, learner and educator.
– instilling the values of self-discipline and personal accountability for one’s actions.
– creating a culture of learning and involving the learner in the academic process.
– understanding theory and implementing knowledge attained in a practical way.
– ensuring that personal interaction is conducted in such a way that individual and group potential is realised.
– encouraging respect and tolerance to one another
Westfields is a primary school which serves The Carletonville Community.
Our duty is to educate children, and to guide them towards fulfilling their potential in the following areas:
- Life Skills
Nurturing of mutual respect and loyalty between parent, child and teacher.
Instilling the values of self-discipline and personal accountability for one’s actions.
Imparting theoretical understanding and practical application of the prescribed curricula.
Stimulating self-enrichment of pupils in fields related to curricula.
Ensuring that personal interaction is conducted in such a way that individual and group potential is realized.
Encouraging respect and tolerance amongst different cultural groups.
Ensuring that children are given clear directives on what is right and wrong,and on acceptable conduct as determined by the norms and values of our school.
Developing a healthy spirit of competition, participation and the concept of team work, while nurturing physical development.
We recognize that:
- Effective communication is the basis of education, and we choose the English language as our medium of communication and instruction;
- Since socializing is an important part of education, children of a similar age should match the norm for a standard;
- Preference for admission is given to pupils from the Carletonville municipal area